Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Color Me Rad

On Sunday me, my brother Alek, and his roommate Paul all ran the Color Me Rad 5k together. I am still recovering from my three spouts of Tonsillitis I have had in the last month so I didn't exactly know how running was going to go for me. We started the run and I felt fine until about a mile in when I started to have issues breathing. I didn't want to stop so I just slowed my pace but still tried to stay close to my brothers pace. I pushed through as much as I could until finally I saw the finish line. At that point I was feeling sick to my stomach and as gross as it sounds I was swallowing down tons of mucus. I know disgusting. Finally I ran through the last Color Checkpoint, which was where they throw purple cornstarch at you, and then I ran through the finish line. I was pretty proud and shocked in the fact that I actually finished the run. Running through the finish line you were handed a packet of color to throw up into the air with everyone in a huge crowd. So we all gathered together in a group in front of the stage they had set up and on a countdown from three we all threw out color packets into the air and got showered with colors from blue, green, yellow, orange, and purple. After the cloud of colors died down they put on music and we all had a huge dance party. The director came into the stage in one of the most ridiculous outfits I have ever seen and started pulling people up onto the stage to dance in front of the crowd. Of course my brother is behind me pointing at me to be brought on stage so what happens, I get pulled onto the stage. I had to dance with 5 other people on the stage for a song but then got to throw color packets at people in the crowd. All in all, it was a great experience and I am glad I get to finally check it off of my bucket list. I can't wait to run another color run when I am actually healthy!

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of you! I have been dying to do this for the longest time. But from the picture and blog it seems like you had a blast even with being sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was planning on doing this but totally forgot to sign up. I am glad to see you had fun and hope another one comes through town soon!

    ReplyDelete