Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My Favorite Person

My brother and I haven't always been close. We use to always butt heads when we were younger and constantly fight. Before he left for college I would think of how happy I would be with him out of the house. Of course I would always say that at irrational times like when we were in a fight. Once he left for college I realized how much I actually miss him and how I took the time I had with him for granted. While he was gone we grew closer to one another and became more than just brother and sister, more like best friends.Then it came to me to apply for college. My top choice of course was Virginia Tech. It wasn't my top choice because my brother was there but because I was in love with the campus, the atmosphere, the students, and the opportunities it had to offer me. Having my brother there was just icing on the cake. So when I found out that I got in he was so excited for me, probably more excited than I was. He would tell me all the stuff we were going to do like go to lunch together and study together and hang out as much as we could. It got me so excited to come to Virginia Tech. The transition to moving here and away from home was much easier because I had him here. Whenever I was home sick he would always come pick me up and take me back to him apartment and we would just hang out with his roommates. It made the college transition easy for me. I love having him here to show me the ropes and give me the support and guidance I need. It's also nice because he has a car, but I swear I don't take advantage of that at all! Having this last year together before he graduates and moves on to the real world is very bittersweet. It's like our last run before he officially leaves. Going to college together has been one of the best experiences of my life because it has made us even closer than before and we get to experience such a wonderful time of our lives together. My mom always tells us how jealous she is of us because we are in college and because we get to be in college together for a year. I love having him here and I wouldn't change a thing about our lives because it led our relationship to this point.

2 comments:

  1. Thats so great that you and your brother have a close relationship! Its always nice to be close with siblings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same situation because my brother and I used to fight all the time but I cried the entire week after he left for Tech. I have enjoyed having him around and college would be pretty different knowing that he wasn't there.

    ReplyDelete